I was amazed and flattered when I saw that I had been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award. To say I’ve only been at this a few months I’m truly honoured that people have responded to the blog so much and thought of me for a nomination. Thank you so much to Claire at http://www.ibitthepiranha.co.uk for the nomination!
In keeping with the rules, see below for my nominations and answers to the questions Claire provided.
These are some of the blogs I’ve really connected with in the last year. They’re all incredible people and I more than recommend you take a look around their blogs and show some love.
On to the questions…
1. What is your favourite part about blogging? Being able to be open and honest, definitely. It’s amazing how blogging has become such a safe space for so many people, and most of the time I feel like I can say how I really feel and push my words out into the big open space.
2. What makes you happy? Moments when my mind is at peace with itself. Whether I’m alone or with family and friends, just feeling content for whatever reason is something that makes me truly happy.
3. Where is the coolest place you have travelled to? I’ve been lucky enough to visit a lot of places but for the cool factor I’d probably have to go with either Chicago or Berlin. Both great places for music, architecture and food!
4. What is the biggest frustration in your life right now? Probably coming to terms with my illness and the fact that some days I’m not in control of my head and there’s only so much I can do about it.
5. Do you have any pets? I do. I have two wonderfully adorable cats called Gilly and Boo. You can read about them in my Mental Health and Pets post.
6. What is your favourite thing to cook? Thai food. I love making curries. Either that or a good ‘ol northern pie!
7. What is a weird/interesting fact about you that most people don’t know? Weird is an odd concept because most of my life would be classed as weird to some people. Maybe that I was born with slightly odd ears? I was on Songs of Praise in a brass band when I was 9? I had a poem published when I was 10?
8. What are 5 things on your bucket list? Go shark cage diving. Visit every continent. Go sky diving. Stroke an elephant. Spend time at sea.
9. How do you handle stress? Badly.
10. What inspired you to start a blog? A combination of feeling really misunderstood when it came to mental health, feeling alone when it came to my diagnosis and being poked and prodded by a friend I love with all my heart.